Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer camp tomorrow: Picture tour of America-Cities and landmarks; and ultimate frisbee. Yes! Gonna turn these Korean kids on to the great sport of ultimate frisbee.

I'm getting into the habit of getting home from work and listening to a sermon. The last couple of days I've listened to sermons by Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill in Seattle. His free podcasts on itunes are great. I also listen to Tim Keller from Redeemer Presbyterian in NYC at times too. I recommend both. Today's sermon by Mark was about wisdom. Proverbs says that "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of all wisdom." And Mark was saying that if you want to understand and improve your life, your first item of business should be to learn the fear of God. I try to focus on clearing up all the problems and confusions in my life first. But that will never clear things up. Also, the fear of the Lord cannot happen as long as we fear man. And I fear man quite often. I value and give worth, or weight, to what different people say or think often more than what God says or thinks. None of this is really new. It just hit me today with where I'm at and was what I needed to be reminded of. I had forgotten this. So yea.

Gonna hit the sack.

1 comment:

  1. That thing about you beeing TOO tall is like the funniest thing I've heard all week. I laughed so hard on that part. Goodness. And I'm downloading some of those Mark Driscoll podcasts right now, thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete