Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So, I've been super motivated to work on music recently. This new music that I've just been turned on to by Owl City(apparantly, I'm not the only one as their song is first on the itunes store) is inspiring me like none other. I highly recommend it. I composed a couple of new sets of lyrics on the plane ride to the states and back. Here's one that is unabashedly romantic. Started putting music to it today. Enjoy!

Tonight, my dear, it's you and me
Our hands entwined, our hearts alive
The world has a glow only we can see
Lit with the news that you are mine

chorus-
Love, unselfish love
Over all my lesser wants
Love, I'll wait for love
My soul and mind will join my heart

As a bird finds shelter in its mother's wings
Let my arms be a refuge, a surrounding grace
As the evening cools, and the daylights wanes
Give into the warmth of my embrace

Do not fear when your eyes give way
To the pull of the night, I will not leave
As your head finds the rhythm of my chest
May your dreams never fly this abiding scene

No comments:

Post a Comment